EuroPAT-MASiP project will reinforce the European semiconductor manufacturing position through focusing in the semiconductor and MEMS packaging ecosystem.EuroPAT-MASiP will develop:- Modelling, design and simulation of packaging-related key features and challenges- The key...
EuroPAT-MASiP project will reinforce the European semiconductor manufacturing position through focusing in the semiconductor and MEMS packaging ecosystem.
EuroPAT-MASiP will develop:
- Modelling, design and simulation of packaging-related key features and challenges
- The key packaging technologies, equipment and materials
- Heterogeneous (3D) integration of the smart system building blocks
- More than Moore (MtM)
- System in Package (SiP) and
- Test strategy, including metrology, methods and equipment, reliability and failure analysis.
During the first period six application pilots (APs) were defined in terms of functionality, requirements, and technologies to be used. The work began on application pilot specifications bearing in mind the needs of modelling, reliability & failure testing, and validation.
During the first period, the first steps were taken towards building the following application pilots
AP1: Automotive Combined Inertial Sensor
AP2: Tyre Sensor
AP3: WL Camera for Automotive
AP4: Silicon Photomultiplier
AP5: Radar Chipset
AP6: WLAN Front-End IC
as well as three technology learning vehicles (TLVs)
TLV1: Sensor/MEMS Minituriazation Concept Validation
TLV2: 300mm CMOS Wafer, and Recon Wafer Plasma Dicing
TLV3: Next Generation Fine-Pitch FO-Packaging (RDL-First Approach).
During the second period
- All package specifications for APs were finalized
- New innovative processes, newly developed technologies and developed test strategies were applied
- Packaging activities prior to the building of the first or second functional prototypes is ongoing and
- The first or second prototypes for three APs were prepared
Progress beyond the state of the art during the project duration has been in the following fields:
- Universal design for reliability platform for all FO-WLP products (Fan-out wafer level packaging) technologies
- Development and demonstration of technologies and utilization of innovative processes, such as defect free plasma dicing, self-alignment and pick & place processes
- Development of methods, equipment and failure analysis systems
More info: http://www.europat-masip.eu/.