The treatment in secondary cancer is mainly based on the â€œtrial and error approachâ€. This contributes to failure of patientsâ€™ response to chemotherapy and increase of their suffering.SpheroPredict addresses this problem improving survival and quality of life in cancer...
The treatment in secondary cancer is mainly based on the â€œtrial and error approachâ€. This contributes to failure of patientsâ€™ response to chemotherapy and increase of their suffering.
SpheroPredict addresses this problem improving survival and quality of life in cancer patients. It is based on the spheroid model, which is 3D cell cultures from patients tumor samples that perfectly reproduce its response to chemotherapy drugs.
SPHEROPREDICT is an important issue for society regarding two pillars:
- Economical: The European economic impact imposed by cancer is estimated to be â‚¬ 51 billion spent in healthcare and â‚¬ 42.6 billion in productivity loss due to early death.
- Social: Secondary cancer is one of the leading causes of death worldwide and cancer is expected to lead to death over 11.5 million people by 2030 globally.
Objectives of the present feasibility study:
- Design a protocol of a large interventional study.
- Define a commercial strategy to reach our sales objectives.
- Built up the Work Plan. Define the sales plan and projections for the 5 years following the execution of Phase 2 project.
- Calculate the funding requirements for the execution of this project.
We optimized the protocol of a large interventional clinical study to confirm SpheroPredictâ€™s effectiveness and cost-benefit analysis. We prepared for the necessary requirements for commercialization and we further defined our Business Plan. Finally, we planned the necessary Work Plan that will allow us to achieve a TRL9 and prepare for a large-scale commercialization.
From our market study we are a expecting a big demand for SpheroPredict and we found that the potential available market is very broad. We have set our sales plan and projections for the 5 years following the execution of Phase 2 project. We calculated the funding requirements that SpheroPredict project needs to reach the objectives and get to TRL 9. We also assessed the infrastructure investment we need to scale up the production capacity.
SpheroPredict is a strong product, which can boost the market in the field of individualized therapeutic treatment of solid cancers. It will provide oncologists with an accurate to decide on the most effective chemotherapy their patients. It will improve the patientâ€™s quality of life and provide significant cost savings to both the patient and the healthcare systems, decreasing economic losses due to ineffective therapy and to treatment-related side effects costs.