Opendata, web and dolomites

Pregnolia

A simple, reliable and safe diagnostic device for preterm birth prevention

Total Cost €

0

EC-Contrib. €

0

Partnership

0

Views

0

Project "Pregnolia" data sheet

The following table provides information about the project.

Coordinator
PREGNOLIA AG 

Organization address
address: WIESENSTRASSE 33
city: SCHLIEREN
postcode: 8952
website: n.a.

contact info
title: n.a.
name: n.a.
surname: n.a.
function: n.a.
email: n.a.
telephone: n.a.
fax: n.a.

 Coordinator Country Switzerland [CH]
 Project website https://www.pregnolia.com/
 Total cost 71˙429 €
 EC max contribution 50˙000 € (70%)
 Programme 1. H2020-EU.3. (PRIORITY 'Societal challenges)
2. H2020-EU.2.3. (INDUSTRIAL LEADERSHIP - Innovation In SMEs)
3. H2020-EU.2.1. (INDUSTRIAL LEADERSHIP - Leadership in enabling and industrial technologies)
 Code Call H2020-SMEInst-2018-2020-1
 Funding Scheme SME-1
 Starting year 2018
 Duration (year-month-day) from 2018-12-01   to  2019-03-31

 Partnership

Take a look of project's partnership.

# participants  country  role  EC contrib. [€] 
1    PREGNOLIA AG CH (SCHLIEREN) coordinator 50˙000.00

Map

 Project objective

Approximately 135 M babies are born yearly worldwide, of which 14.94 M are born at pre-term. Only in Europe 5.1 M babies are born annually, of which >0.38 M are born at pre-term. Babies born before 37 weeks are premature and can have short- and long-term medical problems or die in 7% of the cases. Thus, European health cost are estimated in €50,000 per premature baby, this is, ~€20 billion per year. However, there are no fully reliable methods to diagnose the risk of preterm birth (PTB) to date and only 40% of women at risk are detected. Ultrasounds, biomarkers blood and fetal/placenta protein analysis are the main alternatives, but none of them solve the current problem. Thus, the remaining 60% women at risk cannot be benefited from preventing preterm birth therapies. These women will most likely have a spontaneous and uncontrolled preterm birth, which is extremely dangerous for baby and mother, leading to long-term health baby problems. In response, we have developed Pregnolia device to determine the risk of preterm birth. Our patented device is the first one in the market based on the determination of cervical tissue stiffness, which has twice the sensitivity to the ultrasounds “gold standard”. The device is formed by a reusable control unit with a disposable single-use probe. It is simple, safe, easy to use and integrated into routine gyneacological consultations. With our solution, the majority of women, 80% out of 100% at risk, can be treated to prevent premature birth. Thus, Pregnolia diagnosis will enable gynecologists to take key decisions about preterm birth management (bed rest and hormone medication) and pregnant women will be able to adapt their lifestyle. Our device will enable a reduction of PTBs costs of 42%, which could represent savings up to 8.4 € billion for the EU healthcare system. Furthermore, after 4-year sales, it will give net revenues of ~€99 M, net profits of ~€56 M and considering the investment of €8M, a ROI of ~7 euro per € invested.

Are you the coordinator (or a participant) of this project? Plaese send me more information about the "PREGNOLIA" project.

For instance: the website url (it has not provided by EU-opendata yet), the logo, a more detailed description of the project (in plain text as a rtf file or a word file), some pictures (as picture files, not embedded into any word file), twitter account, linkedin page, etc.

Send me an  email (fabio@fabiodisconzi.com) and I put them in your project's page as son as possible.

Thanks. And then put a link of this page into your project's website.

The information about "PREGNOLIA" are provided by the European Opendata Portal: CORDIS opendata.

More projects from the same programme (H2020-EU.3.;H2020-EU.2.3.;H2020-EU.2.1.)

PAROST (2019)

Disruptive technology for the identification, quantification and prediction of the evolution of damages in civil engineering structures that increases safety while reducing maintenance costs.

Read More  

Dyme (2019)

Dyme gives its users complete control over their financial situation. The Dyme application provides insight into users’ spending and subscriptions, and lets users cancel, negotiate, or switch any cont

Read More  

DeltaQon (2019)

IOT and cloud computing for online medical analysis service platform

Read More