Explore the words cloud of the OscillatoryVision project. It provides you a very rough idea of what is the project "OscillatoryVision" about.
The following table provides information about the project.
|Coordinator Country||Denmark [DK]|
|Total cost||1˙499˙850 €|
|EC max contribution||1˙499˙850 € (100%)|
1. H2020-EU.1.1. (EXCELLENT SCIENCE - European Research Council (ERC))
|Duration (year-month-day)||from 2016-03-01 to 2021-02-28|
Take a look of project's partnership.
|1||AARHUS UNIVERSITET||DK (AARHUS C)||coordinator||1˙499˙850.00|
Several sophisticated image processing circuits have been discovered in the animal retina, many of which manifest massive neural synchrony. A major insight is that this type of synchrony often translates to high-frequency activity on a macroscopic level, but electroretinography (ERG) has not been tapped to examine this potential in humans. Bolstered by our compelling results combining ERG with magnetoencephalography (MEG), this project will address several open questions with respect to human visual processing:
1) Could variable retinal timing be linked to intrinsic image properties and pass on phase variance downstream to visual cortex? Our data suggests the retina responds to moving gratings and natural imagery with non-phase-locked high gamma oscillations (>65 Hz) just like visual cortex, and that slower ERG potentials exhibit strong phase-locking within stimuli but large phase variance across stimuli.
2) Do such retinal gamma band responses, both evoked and induced, directly drive some cortical gamma responses? Pilot data suggests that it can, through retinocortical coherence, our novel ERG-MEG mapping technique.
3) Several kinds of motion have now been shown to elicit massive synchrony in mammalian retina circuits. Does this also result in macroscopic high-frequency activity? If so, our experiments will finally reveal and characterize motion detection by the human retina.
4) Do efferent pathways to the retina exist in humans? We discovered that the ERG exhibits eyes-closed alpha waves strikingly similar to the classic EEG phenomenon and, leveraging our retinocortical coherence technique, that this activity is likely driven by contralateral occipital cortex. Then, can retinal responses be influenced by ongoing cortical activity?
Characterizing retinocortical interaction represents a complete paradigm shift that will be imperative for our understanding of neural synchrony in the human nervous system and enable several groundbreaking new avenues for research.
|year||authors and title||journal||last update|
High frequency oscillations in healthy brain functions
published pages: , ISSN: , DOI:
Tommy Clausner, Sarang S. Dalal, MaitÃ© Crespo-GarcÃa
Photogrammetry-Based Head Digitization for Rapid and Accurate Localization of EEG Electrodes and MEG Fiducial Markers Using a Single Digital SLR Camera
published pages: , ISSN: 1662-453X, DOI: 10.3389/fnins.2017.00264
|Frontiers in Neuroscience 11||2019-05-29|
Britta U. Westner, Sarang S. Dalal, Simon Hanslmayr, Tobias Staudigl
Across-subjects classification of stimulus modality from human MEG high frequency activity
published pages: e1005938, ISSN: 1553-7358, DOI: 10.1371/journal.pcbi.1005938
|PLOS Computational Biology 14/3||2019-04-09|
Sabine Leske, Sarang S. Dalal
Reducing power line noise in EEG and MEG data via spectrum interpolation
published pages: , ISSN: 1053-8119, DOI: 10.1016/j.neuroimage.2019.01.026
Emily Ruzich, MaitÃ© Crespo-GarcÃa, Sarang S. Dalal, Justin F. Schneiderman
Characterizing hippocampal dynamics with MEG: A systematic review and evidence-based guidelines
published pages: , ISSN: 1065-9471, DOI: 10.1002/hbm.24445
|Human Brain Mapping||2019-04-09|
Are you the coordinator (or a participant) of this project? Plaese send me more information about the "OSCILLATORYVISION" project.
For instance: the website url (it has not provided by EU-opendata yet), the logo, a more detailed description of the project (in plain text as a rtf file or a word file), some pictures (as picture files, not embedded into any word file), twitter account, linkedin page, etc.
Send me an email (email@example.com) and I put them in your project's page as son as possible.
Thanks. And then put a link of this page into your project's website.
The information about "OSCILLATORYVISION" are provided by the European Opendata Portal: CORDIS opendata.
High throughput multiplexed trace-analyte screening for diagnostics applicationsRead More
Learning from social scents: from territory to identityRead More
Comprehensive anatomical, genetic and functional identification of cerebellar nuclei neurons and their roles in sensorimotor tasksRead More