Opendata, web and dolomites

AI4Cities SIGNED

AI accelerating Cities transition to carbon neutrality

Total Cost €

0

EC-Contrib. €

0

Partnership

0

Views

0

Project "AI4Cities" data sheet

The following table provides information about the project.

Coordinator
FORUM VIRIUM HELSINKI OY 

Organization address
address: UNIONINKATU 24
city: HELSINKI
postcode: 130
website: www.forumvirium.fi

contact info
title: n.a.
name: n.a.
surname: n.a.
function: n.a.
email: n.a.
telephone: n.a.
fax: n.a.

 Coordinator Country Finland [FI]
 Total cost 6˙666˙533 €
 EC max contribution 5˙999˙880 € (90%)
 Programme 1. H2020-EU.2.1.1. (INDUSTRIAL LEADERSHIP - Leadership in enabling and industrial technologies - Information and Communication Technologies (ICT))
 Code Call H2020-ICT-2019-2
 Funding Scheme PCP
 Starting year 2020
 Duration (year-month-day) from 2020-01-01   to  2022-12-31

 Partnership

Take a look of project's partnership.

# participants  country  role  EC contrib. [€] 
1    FORUM VIRIUM HELSINKI OY FI (HELSINKI) coordinator 1˙265˙070.00
2    GEMEENTE AMSTERDAM NL (AMSTERDAM) participant 981˙918.00
3    CAP DIGITAL FR (PARIS) participant 927˙546.00
4    KOBENHAVNS KOMMUNE DK (VALBY) participant 927˙546.00
5    TALLINNA LINN EE (TALLINN) participant 836˙455.00
6    Stavanger kommune NO (Stavanger) participant 699˙993.00
7    ICLEI EUROPEAN SECRETARIAT GMBH (ICLEI EUROPASEKRETARIAT GMBH) DE (FREIBURG IM BREISGAU) participant 361˙350.00

Map

 Project objective

AI4Cities brings together the leading European cities in the intersection of ‘Smart Cities’ and Greenhouse Gas (GHG) emissions reduction, in order to speed up and steer the creation of new breakthrough solutions in how Artificial Intelligence (AI) can support cities’ strategic plans to become Carbon Neutral.

Right now is the time to direct AI research/innovation towards the societal needs -- to assign detailed, pragmatic, solvable ‘missions’ from the cities’ climate action plans to AI developers. Through these missions, this project will create breakthrough, scalable, European solutions for these specific needs, and thus lead to immediate, concrete and measurable emissions savings, but more importantly, give examples on how to create impact and better future, for the whole of the AI community as well as all the European cities and citizens. On one hand, the opportunity window for European AI leadership is closing fast in the competition between solutions coming from the US and China - what kind of AI solutions govern us in the future is of great policy interest for Europe. On the other hand, urban emission reduction ambitions in most of the cities are set up so high that many of them are not realistically achievable without exploiting best-in-class ICT technologies.

While cities are different, the largest opportunities for emission reduction in European cities are very similar. The highest common reduction targets in most cities’ climate action plans are in transport and in buildings’ energy use. As an example, in Helsinki, the production of Electricity and Heating accounts for 71% of GHG emissions; urban transportation and traffic account for 24%. Combined, these two sectors total 95% of Helsinki’s total carbon footprint.

The purpose of this PCP is to support Cities’ transition to carbon neutrality, by applying the use of AI and related enabling digital technologies to tackle the challenge of reducing the Cities GHG emissions.

Are you the coordinator (or a participant) of this project? Plaese send me more information about the "AI4CITIES" project.

For instance: the website url (it has not provided by EU-opendata yet), the logo, a more detailed description of the project (in plain text as a rtf file or a word file), some pictures (as picture files, not embedded into any word file), twitter account, linkedin page, etc.

Send me an  email (fabio@fabiodisconzi.com) and I put them in your project's page as son as possible.

Thanks. And then put a link of this page into your project's website.

The information about "AI4CITIES" are provided by the European Opendata Portal: CORDIS opendata.

More projects from the same programme (H2020-EU.2.1.1.)

DIHNET.EU (2018)

Next Generation European DIH Network

Read More  

CUSTODIAN (2018)

Customized photonic devices for defectless laser based manufacturing

Read More  

STARTUP3 (2020)

Supporting deep-tech based innovative market players to uptake opportunities, upgrade performance and upscale their business

Read More