The following table provides information about the project.
SINTEF ENERGI AS
|Coordinator Country||Norway [NO]|
|Total cost||10˙030˙120 €|
|EC max contribution||8˙778˙701 € (88%)|
1. H2020-EU.184.108.40.206. (Develop competitive and environmentally safe technologies for CO2 capture, transport, storage and re-use)
|Duration (year-month-day)||from 2015-05-01 to 2018-10-31|
Take a look of project's partnership.
|1||SINTEF ENERGI AS||NO (TRONDHEIM)||coordinator||2˙335˙000.00|
|2||UNIVERSITAET STUTTGART||DE (STUTTGART)||participant||1˙993˙427.00|
|3||IKN GMBH INGENIEURBURO-KUHLERBAU-NEUSTADT||DE (NEUSTADT AM RUBENBERGE)||participant||1˙125˙000.00|
|4||VDZ gGmbH||DE (Duesseldorf)||participant||949˙939.00|
|5||AGENCIA ESTATAL CONSEJO SUPERIOR DEINVESTIGACIONES CIENTIFICAS||ES (MADRID)||participant||469˙418.00|
|6||GE POWER SWEDEN AB||SE (NORRKOPING)||participant||420˙000.00|
|7||NEDERLANDSE ORGANISATIE VOOR TOEGEPAST NATUURWETENSCHAPPELIJK ONDERZOEK TNO||NL (DEN HAAG)||participant||417˙000.00|
|8||POLITECNICO DI MILANO||IT (MILANO)||participant||355˙000.00|
|9||HEIDELBERGCEMENT AG||DE (HEIDELBERG)||participant||240˙000.00|
|10||C.T.G. SPA||IT (BERGAMO)||participant||190˙000.00|
|11||THYSSENKRUPP INDUSTRIAL SOLUTIONS AG||DE (ESSEN)||participant||158˙916.00|
|12||GE CARBON CAPTURE GMBH||DE (MAINZ KASTEL)||participant||80˙000.00|
|13||EUROPEAN CEMENT RESEARCH ACADEMY GMBH||DE (DUESSELDORF)||participant||25˙000.00|
|14||NORCEM AS||NO (OSLO)||participant||20˙000.00|
|15||EIDGENOESSISCHE TECHNISCHE HOCHSCHULE ZUERICH||CH (ZUERICH)||participant||0.00|
The European cement industry has committed itself to contributing to climate protection measures and therefore to curbing its CO2 emissions. CO2 capture technologies, although an essential part of all CO2 reduction scenarios, are not yet ready for large-scale deployment in the cement industry. Hence, the primary objective of CEMCAP is to prepare the ground for large-scale implementation of CO2 capture in the European cement industry. To achieve this objective, CEMCAP will:
- Leverage to TRL 6 for cement plants the oxyfuel capture technology and three fundamentally different post combustion capture technologies, all of them with a targeted capture rate of 90%. - Identify the CO2 capture technologies with the greatest potential to be retrofitted to existing cement plants in a cost- and resource-effective manner, maintaining product quality and environmental compatibility. - Formulate a techno-economic decision-basis for CO2 capture implementation in the cement industry, where the current uncertainty regarding CO2 capture cost is reduced by at least 50%.
For successful large-scale deployment of CO2 capture in the cement industry, technologies must be developed beyond the current state of the art. In order to bring the most high-potential retrofittable CO2 capture technologies to a higher TRL level and closer to implementation, CEMCAP will:
- Describe the routes for the development required to close technology gaps for CO2 capture from cement and assist technology suppliers along the related innovation chains.
- Identify and follow up minimum five potential innovations springing from CEMCAP research.
Technologies suitable for CO2 capture retrofit are focused on in CEMCAP, because cement plants typically have a lifetime of as long as 30-50 years. However, the results from CEMCAP will enable looking beyond this horizon. Therefore, CEMCAP will:
- Create pathways for the low to near-zero CO2 emission cement production of the future.
Work performed, outcomes and results: advancements report(s)
Are you the coordinator (or a participant) of this project? Plaese send me more information about the "CEMCAP" project.
For instance: the website url (it has not provided by EU-opendata yet), the logo, a more detailed description of the project (in plain text as a rtf file or a word file), some pictures (as picture files, not embedded into any word file), twitter account, linkedin page, etc.
Send me an email (email@example.com) and I put them in your project's page as son as possible.
Thanks. And then put a link of this page into your project's website.
The information about "CEMCAP" are provided by the European Opendata Portal: CORDIS opendata.