Explore the words cloud of the UPWAVE project. It provides you a very rough idea of what is the project "UPWAVE" about.
The following table provides information about the project.
WAVE STAR AS
|Coordinator Country||Denmark [DK]|
|Total cost||28˙866˙787 €|
|EC max contribution||20˙722˙489 € (72%)|
1. H2020-EU.3.3. (SOCIETAL CHALLENGES - Secure, clean and efficient energy)
2. H2020-EU.3. (PRIORITY 'Societal challenges)
3. H2020-EU.188.8.131.52. (Develop geothermal, hydro, marine and other renewable energy options)
4. H2020-EU.3.3.2. (Low-cost, low-carbon energy supply)
5. H2020-EU.184.108.40.206. (Develop efficient, reliable and cost-competitive solar energy systems)
6. H2020-EU.220.127.116.11. (Develop the full potential of wind energy)
|Duration (year-month-day)||from 2016-02-01 to 2021-01-31|
Take a look of project's partnership.
|1||WAVE STAR AS||DK (SONDERBORG)||coordinator||11˙775˙225.00|
|2||JAN DE NUL NV||BE (HOFSTADE AALST)||participant||4˙917˙150.00|
|4||CHANTIERS DE L'ATLANTIQUE||FR (SAINT NAZAIRE)||participant||706˙183.00|
|5||IFP Energies nouvelles||FR (RUEIL MALMAISON)||participant||688˙000.00|
|6||UNIVERSITEIT GENT||BE (GENT)||participant||394˙577.00|
|7||AALBORG UNIVERSITET||DK (AALBORG)||participant||359˙246.00|
|8||DNV GL UK LIMITED||UK (LONDON)||participant||327˙162.00|
|9||UNIVERSIDAD DE CANTABRIA||ES (SANTANDER)||participant||277˙305.00|
The aim is to develop and install a pre-commercial wave energy converter (WEC) of 1MW power, the WAVESTAR C6-1000 device, with main targets the device industrialization and the demonstration of wind and wave energy applications. The utility company Parkwind, which develops, builds and operates wind farms in the North Sea, is committed to the achievement of WAVESTAR’s next development stage. Parkwind provides the installation site with grid connection for the first full-scale WAVESTAR WEC, located within a Belgian offshore wind farm. The UPWAVE project consortium has been developed through the establishment of strong synergies and partnerships, by bringing together key European industrial players and European universities represented by wave energy experts whose overall objectives focus on:
1) Reduction of the device’s cost by introducing new design, components and materials. Cost optimization is achieved through new methods on deployment, installation, operation and maintenance.
2) Improvement of the energy efficiency by developing a more advanced Power Take Off based on a second generation digital hydraulic system and innovative control strategy.
3) Integration of wave energy converters in wind farms by considering the interaction between wave and wind devices in terms of operation, cost reduction and maximization of environmental benefits.
Public research programs, industrial cooperation and technology transfer from the offshore industry (offshore wind, oil and gas) ensure the development of manufacturing processes, automation and optimisation of the WAVESTAR C6-1000 WEC. New certificates and standards will be made available for the wave energy industry. After the completion of the UPWAVE project, the cost of wave energy will be significantly reduced to a level in line with the cost of offshore wind energy (around 15 c€/kWh). The WAVESTAR C6-1000 demonstrator device will lead to a commercial WEC and a hybrid renewable energy device (wind and wave).
Are you the coordinator (or a participant) of this project? Plaese send me more information about the "UPWAVE" project.
For instance: the website url (it has not provided by EU-opendata yet), the logo, a more detailed description of the project (in plain text as a rtf file or a word file), some pictures (as picture files, not embedded into any word file), twitter account, linkedin page, etc.
Send me an email (email@example.com) and I put them in your project's page as son as possible.
Thanks. And then put a link of this page into your project's website.
The information about "UPWAVE" are provided by the European Opendata Portal: CORDIS opendata.