Opendata, web and dolomites

WASHER-CAP

Demonstration of a fixation device for connective tissue

Total Cost €

0

EC-Contrib. €

0

Partnership

0

Views

0

Project "WASHER-CAP" data sheet

The following table provides information about the project.

Coordinator
ABANZA TECNOMED SL 

Organization address
address: C/ ITURRALDE Y SUIT 11 2 DC PAMPLONA
city: NAVARRA
postcode: 31192
website: n.a.

contact info
title: n.a.
name: n.a.
surname: n.a.
function: n.a.
email: n.a.
telephone: n.a.
fax: n.a.

 Coordinator Country Spain [ES]
 Project website https://abanzamed.com/
 Total cost 71˙429 €
 EC max contribution 50˙000 € (70%)
 Programme 1. H2020-EU.3. (PRIORITY 'Societal challenges)
2. H2020-EU.2.3. (INDUSTRIAL LEADERSHIP - Innovation In SMEs)
3. H2020-EU.2.1. (INDUSTRIAL LEADERSHIP - Leadership in enabling and industrial technologies)
 Code Call H2020-SMEInst-2018-2020-1
 Funding Scheme SME-1
 Starting year 2018
 Duration (year-month-day) from 2018-09-01   to  2019-02-28

 Partnership

Take a look of project's partnership.

# participants  country  role  EC contrib. [€] 
1    ABANZA TECNOMED SL ES (NAVARRA) coordinator 50˙000.00

Map

 Project objective

'ThThe present project arises as a result of detecting a great lack in the techniques and devices of reconstruction of the Anterior Cruciate Ligament (ACL) of the knee, unable to offer a good recovery of the functional capacity of the patient's joint after the operation. The number of ACL reconstructions is estimated annually in more than 420,000 in developed countries. Of these 420,000 reconstructions per year, more than 60-70% and experiencing rapid growth, are performed by arthroscopy and using soft tissue grafts, Semitendinosus Gracilis Tendon (STG). The remaining 30% is performed with a patellar tendon graft that was the 'Gold Standard' technique but showed serious problems, since it requires damaging a healthy area of the joint to obtain the graft and this produces persistent pain over time. Although the soft material technique has shown better results in terms of recovery and decreases the problem of pain, it is also not able to return to the joint its full functionality, since there are no devices adapted to the particularities of this way of reconstruction. Currently, the same interferential screws are still used in both techniques. In this area, ABANZA TECNOMED has developed and patented WasherCap as a response to the problems identified in the field of devices of reconstruction of the ACL of the knee. It is a novel fixation device for connective tissue specifically designed for reconstruction of cruciate ligaments using fascicles of soft material. The degree of fixation provided and clamping area allows a maximum retention of the connective tissue and avoids slippage, enabling the patient to start the rehabilitation in a shorter period of time. WasherCap will allow the knee to be fully restored from the ACL injury, with full functionality, allowing an early recovery, guaranteeing a complete osseointegration of the implant and improving the quality of life and health of the patient after the intervention and achieving great savings for health systems.'

Are you the coordinator (or a participant) of this project? Plaese send me more information about the "WASHER-CAP" project.

For instance: the website url (it has not provided by EU-opendata yet), the logo, a more detailed description of the project (in plain text as a rtf file or a word file), some pictures (as picture files, not embedded into any word file), twitter account, linkedin page, etc.

Send me an  email (fabio@fabiodisconzi.com) and I put them in your project's page as son as possible.

Thanks. And then put a link of this page into your project's website.

The information about "WASHER-CAP" are provided by the European Opendata Portal: CORDIS opendata.

More projects from the same programme (H2020-EU.3.;H2020-EU.2.3.;H2020-EU.2.1.)

GREEN WHS (2019)

NATURE FRIENDLY WATER HYDRAULIC STEERING SYSTEM

Read More  

PrasinoMed (2018)

First in the world ecological and sustainable cream for wound care, based on microalgaprasinococcus capsulatus

Read More  

SmartDegrees (2020)

First anti-fraud plataform for the registration and certification of diplomas and academic certificates based in blockchain

Read More